We are now booking appointments for the flu vaccinations. Please contact reception on 0115 9424352 to book an appointment.
This year the flu vaccine is being offered on the NHS to:
- are 50 and over (including those who’ll be 50 by 31 March 2022)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- frontline health or social care workers
A free Flu vaccination is available every year on the NHS to help protect adults and children at risk of flu and its complications.
Please note this year the flu clinics will be socially distanced.
- Do not attend if you have a fever / temperature, a dry cough or sudden loss of smell and taste
- Wear a face mask / face covering to the appointment.
- Use the hand gel provided on arrival at the practice
- Attend alone unless you require assistance. Anyone accompanying a patient is unlikely to be able to stay in the waiting room. Only one parent/ carer with each patient under 18 years.
- Arrive a maximum of 5 minutes before your appointment and leave the building promptly when it is complete.
- Walk on the left hand side of corridors, give way to others, and observe social distances
Delivering the flu vaccines is a big task this year, please ensure that you attend your appointment at the booked time or cancel if you are unable to attend.
The Fairfields Practice